Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One last meme!

I'm posting this one separately because the graphic is so big. But I bet a lot of you will find it highly amusing. It's a celebrity look-alike meme from MyHeritage.com that uses facial recognition technology to work out what celebrities you look most like. The results are ... amusing, more than accurate. :D (Two haircuts ago it told me I looked like Jean-Bertrand Aristide. Huh?)



To do your own, first find a picture of yourself (or someone else!) that's got a reasonably clear shot of your face, facing forward. Then click on the above graphic. Once you get to the site, look for the tab marked "Face recognition" and click on it.

Choose which of the three things you want to do (the above is "celebrity collage"). Then click "Celebrity collage". (I don't know why they make you click through yet another page, but they do.)

If your picture is uploaded somewhere, you can put the direct URL of the image in the box on the next page. If it's on Photobucket, you can click the little "Photobucket" button above "Image URL" and enter the Photobucket URL there. If the picture is on your computer, click "My Files", and then browse for it on your computer, then click "Run Face Recognition".

The application steps you through it after that. You can choose what type of collage you want. If you don't want your picture showing up on the final collage, click the silhouette labeled "Private". Pick which of the celebrities it gives you to include. Preview your collage, then click on it to go back to the "Preview/Save" options, and click Save.

It will then give you a box with an option of where to post your collage. On the list on the left side of the box, click "Other." This will give you a box with a bunch of scary-looking HTML code in it. Click in the box with the code. Then type Ctrl-a to select the code, and Ctrl-c to copy it. Then go to your Blogger blog (or wherever you have your blog), and click Ctrl-v to paste the code into a post. Then publish your post, and we can all see who you look like!

4 comments:

Sweet Pea girl said...

Very amusing! I practiced copying to my Clippings for later license to play. I can see the similarity to Aya Matsura. :)

FelineFrog said...

OK, I'm pissed...gone for a day and you guys do some really funky stuff that I can get into. Grrr!!!

Eight Hundred Mice said...

:D We mostly played around with YouTube in the coaching session. I brought up memes - I forgot the context - and after the session, decided to post examples. XD

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thanks